Friday, August 16, 2013

Five for Friday

 I'm joining Doodle Bugs Teaching for the linky party Five for Friday.

I have been back to school for 2 weeks and since I had to unpack my room from a move, I feel like I have been trying to play catch up ever since school started. So this 5 for Friday has things from the past couple of weeks that I just haven't had time to post.

1. Here are some pictures from my classroom. these were taken before school started, I do have a few more things up on the walls now.
This is a picture from my door. I have books all over the room, but I guess the back wall with the orange shelves would be what I would call my library. I'm trying tables for the first time since I have been teaching first grade.

This picture is taken from in front of my computers. As you can see from this picture, our newly renovated rooms are very colorful. My teacher table is in the back corner and then behind the black shelf is my writing center. In the foreground you can see part of the rug I bought. It has 24 squares and we have already outgrown it. I have 27 students so far.

This picture is taken from the back door. The shelf that is by the rug have AR books and easy books to use at the beginning of the year.

This picture is taken from my teacher table. The computers are in the far corner. The table with the orange chair is my writing table. I don't have anything hanging above the boards, for some reason they did not put any tack strip above the boards so everything has to be taped with something that won't ruin the new paint.

2. Here is my version of the BE poster I saw on pinterest. I have a lot more words to add, but I am going to use it as a vocabulary lesson and introduce the Life Principles from Great Expectations each week. Once I have introduced the words, I'll put the word on the board.

3. This board says:
In our class...We celebrate success. We use critical thinking skills. We are committed to excellence.
We speak in complete sentences. We demonstrate mutual respect. We have high expectations. 
We are responsible for our own behavior. All children can learn.

4. My principal bought me some brightly colored Ticonderoga Dixon pencils to use for my different tables. So I decided to spruce up my pencil holders a bit. Here's the supplies I used.

And here is the finished product. I love them!

5. As I said, I am seriously behind. All of these pictures were taken before school started 2 weeks ago. So staying with that theme, here are two  pictures of my daughter on her first day of 5th grade.


This is one of students on the first day. I had this frame last year, I just added the sock monkeys to it.

Enjoy your weekend!




Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. I like the pencil holders. They're bright and colorful and the kids will just love them. It's a very busy time of year and I'm having a hard time finding time to blog too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, I don't know how people are blogging and getting ready for school at the same time. The first week of school, I came home feeling like a zombie. ;P

      Delete
  2. 27? That's a lot of little ones. I'm at 25 so far, which is too many as well. :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Tammy, this is the largest class I've had since I have been teaching 1st. Good luck with your 25. ;)

      Delete
  3. Your pencil cup look great! And so does your first day picture sign. Hope your first two weeks have been great!
    I agree with you and Tammy both - that's too many kids for first grade.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sara! 27 is definitely too much when I have about 5 stinkers that can't stop talking or stay in their seats. ;/

    ReplyDelete