Saturday, October 8, 2011

I just found the world of teachers blogs about a month ago. Wow! I didn't realize what I had been missing. Since then I have missed a LOT of sleep reading all of the fantastic ideas. I decided to join the band wagon.

Our school uses  Treasures for reading. We just finished reading "A Prarie Dog Home". Friday afternoon is usually when I give the kids some free time. I decided to try something a little different. While they were in PE, I turned the classroom into a prarie dog village. I wish I had pictures, but I was so busy watching them I forgot to take pictures. My kids sit at desks and then I have 4 tables for centers. I used the desks and chairs to create the tunnels and then the tables were the rooms of the burrows. They had the best time. a couple of my boys were out of the burrow acting like eagles ot snakes waiting to eat the prairie dog. When one of the "dogs" would see them they would let out a warning chirp and they would all start chirping. I think this is a memory the kids will have with them for a long time. Hopefully next time I will do better and get some pictures.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment