Saturday, May 12, 2012

Will I Ever Catch Up?

I feel like I am behind in all areas of my life. My house is a mess, I have papers to grade, grades to put in, lesson plans to write and I haven't posted in weeks. How do these great teacher bloggers do it and make items to sell on TPT on top of it?

I hope this summer to get ahead with my lesson planning, so maybe next year won't be so hectic. This year after I discovered teacher blogs I was constantly making and adding things to my plans. They were great, but it is time consuming. I don't know about you, but I have no parent volunteers to copy, laminate, cut out, etc... So I have spent many late nights this year do it myself. I have a big stack of laminating that I never have had time to do.

This year we did a copycat Mother's Day project from last year. I had each of the kids give me 6 adjectives to describe his/her mom. I also asked them what they call their "mom". Using Wordle I typed the words in. I typed in all of the words. I typed "mom" in the most so it would be the biggest. Then I gave each child a frame made for transparency to decorate. I taped the word cloud in the frame and finished it off with a sticker on back that let mom know that the words came from her child. Last year, one of my moms thought I had just bought posters for the kids to give their moms. Here's a few examples, I think they turned out cute.



 I hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day. Here is a picture of my sweet daughter Delaney with her dog Rascal.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I know where you're coming from. I have stacks of papers to grade, lesson plans to write, end of the year test prep to cram into my kiddos...the list is never ending! I'm also hoping to catch up a bit this summer. I still have 26 teaching days left--so I'm not in wind-down mode yet...but I think I can smell it coming!
    ☺ Tanya
    fantabulous1stgr@aol.com
    First Grade is Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could work nonstop on teacher stuff if I let myself! It never ends.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete