Thursday, June 7, 2012

I Need Followers

I guess I need to post more often and maybe I'll get some more followers. Any suggestions?

I wanted to share a little idea I got from a friend that is a definite time saver. We all know painting can leave a very messy cleanup. My friend, Stacy, introduced me to paint cup liners. Have you heard of them? They make cleanup so simple and they are cheap! : )

Now for people from my generation you will recognize them right away.

These are the original sandwich bag, long before ziplocks had been thought of.

As you can see, there is no zipper, so it works perfect to line a paint cup.

There you have it and it is a cinch to clean up! Sorry it's blurry.

Another idea I have been using since I first started teaching kindergarten 14 years ago is to use empty coffee cans as trash cans when groups are doing a cut and paste. My old metal cans were all covered. I haven't done anything to the new plastic ones, they would be a little harder to cover. They work great, I usually put 2 on a table if there is going to be a lot of trash and if there isn't much trash, I use one can.
These ideas may not be knew, they were new to me when I started to doing them and they have been very helpful.


Kelly

Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. I don't know if you do this or not, but sometimes leaving comments on other posts will get your blog's name out there. Letting people know that you're following them can help too. Good luck.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tammy. Make comments & tell them you are following them. Invite them to your blog!

    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm your newest follower. Thanks for stopping by. The funniest thing I have been called is aunt Dolores .

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, mine is usually just auntie, mommy, etc... no extra name added to it. thanks for following! : )

      Delete
  4. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog :)
    I LOVE the name of your blog.
    I also love the idea of lining your paint cups -- I didn't know about that!!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the simplest things are the best ideas. Thanks for sharing your tips.


    Yearn to Learn Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelly thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm going to blog about you tomorrow so maybe that will bring you some more followers! Also if you'd like to be a guest blogger on my blog sometime let me know that may send some followers your way. Nice to have a fellow Okie blogger on the block. lol
    Tammy


    First Grade @ Klinger Cafe
    dtklinger@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found you through Klinger Cafe & I just have to tell ya that I love your blog name!! lol :) I am your newest follower & I can't wait to read more of your blog.

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your newest follower! I LOVE the title of your blog! So funny! I look forward to reading your posts!

    Karyn
    A is for Apple B is for Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just started blogging too and one thing that I've been doing is joint the linky parties, that has brought a lot of views to my blog.

    I love those ideas btw, simple but smart.

    Adventures in Room 5

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am a new follower. Great blog name!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of those ideas! I literally spent about an hour scrubbing out paint cups at the end of the year! Okay...I made two of my little 2nd grade helpers scrub them out, but same deal :) The baggies will be so much easier! I also had someone give me a whole bunch of empty coffee cans and I didn't know what to do with them - well now I do! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm glad I cam by to check you out! I'm your newest follower!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete