I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her weekly linky party 5 for Friday. It's easy you just share 5 things you did this week.
1. My dad turned 80 on Saturday, we had a surprise party for him. Here are a few pictures.
2. After working for almost a week, I finally got my room packed up to be moved. I actually got to move a few things myself. Is it just me or are there others out there worry about their things being destroyed by careless movers. I told my principal that when I moved into my house, people from church who care about me helped me move. some of my furniture got some nicks and scratches, if people who love me did that (not on purpose) then what are a bunch of movers who don't know me at all going to do. My main issue was I took my baskets of books and dropped them into the moving boxes with the books still in them. I was worried that some of the heavier stuff would end up on top of them crushing the books and breaking the baskets. So I was very happy to move all of my books to my new room and know that they were in good shape.
3. Here are some pictures of my new room which is actually my old room renovated. It looks really nice, but my one complaint is the cabinets are very deep, luckily I have a big cabinet that will come back to my room that will hold large items.
Since my computer crashed, I don't have access to any photos of my old room, but here's some pictures of the new old room.
There's not very many shelves, the other classrooms have 8 sections instead of 4.
They tried to make up for it by giving me more purple and green cabinets.
I will eventually have a Smartboard in the space between the white boards. Yes! I have real white boards, I used to have OLD shower board that was worn out.
4. We got a little closer to living in the 21st century. Since I re-financed the house, I got cable, WIFI and caller ID. Delaney was thrilled to be able to watch the Disney channel. I may have to watch her so she doesn't become a big couch potato this summer. We really needed WIFI because I got her a Kindle last year and she couldn't upload anything on it unless we went to McDonalds or someones house.
5. One of my favorite things that happened this week, is.... wait for it.... I got a second trash dumpster. Isn't that terrific? I am really excited about it, seriously! I have a small yard, but there are several trees in it so that means lots of leaves and branches. The city won't pick up any bags, but fortunately the extra dumpster only costs $5.00. I only got it yesterday and I have already filled it up. I love doing yard work but ever since I moved here, the leaves and branches have always been a problem. I'm hoping now that I've got another can, I will get out and do more yard work which hopefully will lead to losing
a lot some weight.
The trees are nice because they shade the swing set almost all day, but they do create a lot of work.
As you can see from this picture of Rascal, the leaves killed a bunch of our grass.
I've still got a lot of work ahead of me as you can see.