Monday, July 28, 2014

Monday Made It Week 9

I'm linking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her linky Monday Made It. It has taken me a while to get myself started making things. Now I'm almost out of time. Hopefully, I'll get a few more things finished this week. ;)

First up, I bought this chalkboard at Hobby Lobby and decided to paint it to match my classroom colors.
After a little spray paint and chalk marker...I love it!!! 
The best part is I can change the message. Just erase with a damp cloth and write a new message. :)

A couple of years ago, I bought three brightly colored boxes that were different sizes. None of them went with my new color scheme. Here is the middle-sized one. I am going to paint it black or maybe red.

I painted the biggest and smallest ones turquoise. they are much brighter that the photograph.



I found this foam pennant at Hobby Lobby, I used a Sharpie marker to color the edge which was white. Then I used some stickers I already had to decorate it.


I saved my favorite thing for last. I made a banner for my classroom. I really loved the way it turned out. If you can't read it, it says "Welcome to 3rd Grade". I decided to make it a two tier banner this year for something different. No, I wasn't trying to put the letters on straight. ;P

I loved it the way it was. Then when I was going through boxes trying to figure out what I needed to take to my new room, I found these little sock monkeys. Now I love it even more!!! I can't wait to get it hung in my room!!!

Have a great week!!!



Pin It!

16 comments:

  1. Love your chalkboard! So nice. I also love your bravery to paint those containers!!!

    Just a Primary Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chalkboard! And the boxes are amazing. I love painting things, but I never would have thought to paint those boxes. They look like they are made of fabric? Maybe I'll give it a try because yours turned out great :)
    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth! The boxes weren't covered with fabric, at least I don't think that it was. It was sort of vinyl (I guess vinyl is fabric isn't it). I'm not sure what it was, but the paint covered it w/o problems.

      Delete
  3. The sock monkeys are perfect fort he banner! What a cute idea. I have one of those little chalkboards already and have wondered for a year what to do with it! You have inspired me!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! If you paint it, make sure to seal it, I didn't at first and some paint chipped off. I had to go back and fix it.

      Delete
  4. banner looks great!!!! I love the sock monkeys on the ends :)

    Katie
    Dirty Hands & Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chalkboard is my fav - just looks beautiful. The banner with the sock monkeys is cute too. It will look so nice in your new room! Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! They had one in the party section that was a little bluer. It cost $1.00 more, but you know me, I decided to buy the cheaper one and paint it and seal it...oh wait maybe that made it cost more! hahaha

      Delete
  6. I've seen those at Hobby Lobby. LOVE how you tweaked it!

    Debbi
    3rd Grade Pad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love th chalkboard! I think it looks so much better painted!! And how cute are the sock monkeys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I was so excited when I found the sock monkeys and realized they match my banner.

      Delete
  8. Fantastic!! Thanks for sharing your hard work!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. The sock monkeys totally make that banner! :)
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chalkboard and banner look great - love the sock monkeys!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your colors (we must share a love of turquoise!) Really cute chalkboard!! I know your classroom must be darling.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete