Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How Cool Is That? and Freebies!!!


About a week and a half ago, I got an email from SmileMakers. They offered to let me choose any item from their catalog if I would review it on my blog. Well I was just beside myself with excitement! They definitely made me smile. ;P I got online to look at their catalog and narrowed it down to 6 items. They have so many wonderful products, it was hard to choose.  I wanted to get something that I would use, not just leave it in the box collecting dust. After thinking about it for awhile, I ordered the 


Since it is magnetic, I can hang it on my whiteboard.  It comes with 3 double-sided write on wipe off cards. there are also a list of ideas to use for classroom management or for reading or math games. I have several learning games that need spinners so I thought the spinner would save a lot of time making different types of spinners. Once I got it out and looked at it, I realized it will work perfect for my sight word graphs. In the past, I have use a large, foam dice covered with paper and every week I would either put another layer of paper on it or cover last week's words with stickers. the write on wipe off card will be sooo much easier, plus the kids will LOVE it! I, also, won't have to worry about a stray dice being thrown a little wildly. ;)  I took it up to school with me  to take some pictures. My daughter graciously agreed to act as Vanna White. The first few pictures are showing the different cards available.

Card with 12 spaces

 Card with 32 spaces

Card with 8 spaces

 Card with 4 spaces

Card with 6 spaces

 It is very easy to change out the cards and the marker erased cleanly. When my daughter turned the spinner, it stayed in place, she didn't have to hold it, so it has a nice strong magnet. If you would like to check it out, you can find in online HERE. I absolutely LOVE it!!!  Thanks SmileMakers!

Check out Smile/makers, they have a lot of great products and they offer special perks for teachers.  : )

As I promised, I have a freebie for you. Here is a blank sight word graph, if you don't have one of these spinners, you can use a large dice with stickers. Write the sight words you want the children to work on at the bottom. The kids take turns spinning or rolling the dice. The first word to the top is the winner.


 I also made a poster for the hallway using my sock monkey theme. It will print on 8 1/2 X 11. I'm going to print it poster size using 9 sheets of paper. You can grab a copy of it HERE




Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. That does look pretty neat! It's always nice to see real products being reviewed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abbey, I think the kids will really like it (my daughter enjoyed it! ha)
      Kelly

      Delete
  2. The spinner is a cool idea -
    and I love your poster, too!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, you might check out SmileMakers website. I think they will let any teacher blogger request an item to review. I'm glad you like the poster!

      Kelly

      Delete