Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Liebster Award


I am so excited that I have been nominated for the Liebster award by a few different people!!!   
OK, so there are some rules to follow when you receive the Liebster award.                                         
They are:                                                                                                                                                   
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me 

2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers 
3. Answer the questions by the blogger that nominated you 
4. Share 11 random facts about yourself 
5. Create 11 questions for the bloggers whom you nominate 
6. Contact the bloggers you nominate and let them know how to proceed 


Here's the first set of questions from Sara @ First Grade Funtastic.
1.  What grade do you teach? I teach first grade.                                                                                
2.  When does school start for you? I report July 31, kids come back August 5. Yikes that's         coming quickly!                                                                                                                                      

3.  Do you like to shop?  I love to shop, now if only I had some money....
4.  What social media sites do you follow for teaching? blogs, Facebook and Pinterest
5.  Who was your favorite teacher and why? My favorite teacher was Mrs. Reville, she was my high school English teacher. I loved her class! She was always fun, but I still learned lots. 
6.  What grade levels are in the building you teach in? Our school has Pre-K to 5th grade.
7.  What is your favorite clothing place to shop at?  Catos
8.  If you had 1000 to spend, what would you buy? A new camera and an Ipad.
9.  Do you have any other family members that are teachers? One cousin, other than that no. My sister just went back to college to get a teaching degree.
10.  How early do you go back into your classroom before school starts? I like to go in at least 3 weeks before school starts, if I can get in.
11.  What is your favorite children's book? That's a hard one. I love reading the Miss Nelson books to the kids. Why? they love the books, but I also like watching them when they realize who Viola Swamp was.

Here's the questions from  A Pair of Teachers

1. What's a funny thing a student said to you this past school year? I had a little boy that was a little odd, one day he was leaving early. As he was leaving, he turned around and said, "Everyone eat a tomato." We were all just kind of scratching our heads on that one.
2. What's one of your favorite books? I love Jane Eyre.
3. If you were given one thousand dollars right now and had one hour to spend it, what would you buy? A new camera and an Ipad
4. Where is your happy place? Pretty much anywhere when my daughter and I are doing fun things together.
5. What is the cutest decoration you have in your classroom? This year, I'm decorating in bright and colorful sock monkeys. They're so cute!
6. What's the best advice you would give a fellow teacher? Make sure parents know you care about their child.
7. What's one of your favorite professional books? The Morning Meeting Book
8. If a parent brought you lunch from anywhere, what would it be? Chicken Fajita Enchiladas from El Chico
9. What is one of your pet peeves? Ask my daughter, leaving dirty clothes on the floor of the bathroom.
10. What do you do in the summer to relax? I love to do yard work.
11. Have you ever won anything? What? I've won several things from blogs. I won one of "The World's Quietest Pencil Sharpeners", I've won some really cute classroom decor from several fellow bloggers. It's always exciting to win! :)

11 Random Facts about me.
1. I love to sing. I have an Ipod, but seldom use it. I like to listen to music, but I really like to sing along so unless it is hooked up to a speaker, it just doesn't work for me.
2. I am left handed. I broke my left wrist when I was in 5th grade. It seemed like I had my cast on forever. I started writing with my right hand and I still do.
3. I don't really like Italian food, not even pizza. I will eat it if it is served, but I never ever crave it.
4. On the other hand, I love Mexican food. I think I could eat it every day and never get tired of it.
5. When I was a kid, we had some opossums for pets.
6. I went to high school with Garth Brooks. I helped his girlfriend decorate his house during football season.
7. I just got poison ivy for the first time in my life this summer. : (
8. I am a HGTV junkie. My favorite show is Love It or List It and for some reason, I'll watch episode after episode of House Hunters. I love how they walk into a giant bedroom and say, "It's kind of small." haha
9.Speaking of houses, I think the thing that sold me on my house was the screened in patio. I just love it!
10. I have never traveled outside of the US.
11. My daughter ♥Delaney♥ is the greatest blessing in my life.

I am nominating the following bloggers.
3. Teaching in the Tongass
4. First Grade Carousel
5. Lovely Little Learners

OK so here are the questions I'd like you to answer.
1. If you had to live in a different state, what one would you choose?
2. Do you have any pets?
3. How long have you been teaching?
4. What made you decide to start a blog?
5. What is your dream vacation?
6. Would you ever want to be a principal?
7. What is your favorite subject to teach?
8. Do you use a basal or are you free to create your own curriculum?
9.What's your favorite food?
10.What is the last movie you saw?
11.What do you do to relax?


Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Garth Brooks, huh? That's a fun little tidbit.
    ❀ Tammy
    Forever in First

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wish I had known back then what was to come. I never would have thought of him as a country singer.

      Delete