I'm joining Tara @ 4th Grade Frolics for another edition of Monday Made It.
This week, I tackled recovering an office chair. I have never done anything like this before and it was kind of a learning experience. I was trying to save money and used fabric that I already had. When I first began, I had a lot of trouble using the heavy duty stapler. I could not get it to staple without using both hands to squeeze the "trigger". As I continued, I found that it was much easier to squeeze if I had the stapler on a flat surface instead of hanging off of the chair. I used spray adhesive to keep the fabric formed to the seat and seatback. I also had trouble with the back cover. I couldn't use the little hidden nails, they were rather bent up and I couldn't get them nailed in. I took them all out and thought I would use upholstery nails. There must be some trick to using them, I couldn't get any of them nailed in so I used my trusty can of spray adhesive. I think it turned out OK, I might even try recovering something else.
Here's the chair before.
Here it is after.
I had planned on taking the chair back to school, but as I was working on it, I realized that it would look really good in my poor excuse for an office that I am trying to re-vamp. The colors in it go great with the curtains. Last week, a neighbor put a round, black pedestal table on the side of the street. I brought it home and cleaned it. Now it is in my office area as a work table, the brightly colored chair will be perfect with the black table. I also decided to hang the bulletin board I made last week by the table. I remember that Reagan @Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits had framed a picture of her blog logo in her beautiful office. My redo won't even compare to hers, but I did make a picture of my logo.
I saw this graphing idea HERE. I loved the idea of having a graphing board that was easy to use. I changed mine a little bit. I made a border around my dry erase board using duct tape and then because I was impatient, I also folded the duct tape over to use instead of ribbon. I wanted to make it where I could use more than 2 graphing choices so I put 5 velcro dots on the back and I made 5 strips that I could attach depending on what the question is. Here's what the back looks like.
Here it is with 3 strips
Here it is with 2 strips.
The last thing I made this week is a bunting to hang out in the hallway. After I got it made, I decided that the font was a little hard to read. UGH! I'm not redoing it because I don't want to use anymore colored ink. If you can't read it, it says, "Welcome to 1st Grade", so original. ;P
Hope this is the beginning of a fantastic week for you and me!