I'm joining Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for her weekly linky party Monday Made It.
This week I completed several projects for school. The first idea was a ten frame made from popsicle sticks that I got off of Pinterest. I changed mine up just a bit by using colored popsicle sticks. I was going to use a my hot glue gun to put the sticks together, but it was at school so I used Tacky Glue and it worked fine. I am using foam cubes from Dollar Tree as my counters.
After making those, I guess I had ten frames on the brain. My daughter was making some scrambled eggs and I thought I could cut the end off of an egg carton and have a ten frame that is very easy to make.
When I was reading Kimberly @ Funky First Grade Fun's post, I immediately had an idea for another type of ten frame. this picture was my inspiration.
Here's a picture to show you the size comparison.
My next project was super easy. I got it from Teacher Tipster.
I bought 8 pool noodles and the bag at Dollar Tree (again). I ended up with 15 tens and about 20 ones.
While I'm talking about Base Ten blocks, look what I found at you guessed it Dollar Tree.
I finally did make something for reading. The idea came from this pin. It's another quick and easy one. Write sight words on ping pong balls. The kids pick up a ball, if they can reading it they get to make a basket. The colored ping pong balls were 6 for $1.00 at Walmart, the white ones came from Dollar Tree, 8 for $1.00. Sorry for the blurry picture.
I bought these two "baskets" several years ago and I have never used them. I believe I bought them at Mardels.
I made one thing help with classroom management. I got the idea from HERE. The pinner said the kids were supposed to write kind things about each other and put it in the box.
My final project for this week is a bulletin board redo. Don't look too close, the board was in worse shape than I realized. I'm hoping since it is just for me, it will hold up. Here is what I started with. It had felt that had been stuck on top of the cork.
I spray painted the frame black and then used some spray adhesive to attach the fabric. The fabric doesn't match my colors exactly, but it was some I already had. Wish me luck, I'm trying to recover my office chair in the same fabric. If it turns out OK, you'll see it next week. ; )
Have a great and productive week!